What is it and why are we doing it? Thanksgiving 2008 is about celebrating God’s goodness and faithfulness to us as His people. I don’t know about you, God has been good to me and my family and certainly kingdom Gospel Church. Where could we go and where would we be without Him? We have set aside today and specifically this service to thank Him for the many great things He has done, is doing now and will do for us tomorrow. Please join me and the many others here today to thank Him, He is worthy and deserves more that we can ever give Him!
~ A word for your week ~ Psalm 107:1-9
Beloved, our text this morning encourages us to give thanks to the LORD for He is good and His mercy endures forever, meaning His mercy has no limit, it is forever, eternal. ”Let the redeemed of the Lord say so” the text says and who are the redeemed? You and I. And why should we say so? Because He has redeemed us from the hand, the grip or clutch of the enemy, who had us all over the place, with no direction or destiny, hungry, thirsty and fainting until God came and delivered us. He led us by the right way, gave us direction to a place of dwelling that He had prepared for us, a place called destiny! This is why verses 8 and 9 say “Oh that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness.”
~ Prophetic blast ~
As you begin a new week today, I prophesy that…
· Your week shall be one of praise, joy and rejoicing and the joy of the Lord shall be your strength!
· As you celebrate God for His goodness and faithfulness, so shall God cause men to celebrate you!
· Your gratitude to God shall open the door for more of His blessings into your life!
· As you give God thanks, your tank shall always be full!
· Your gratitude and thanksgiving shall distinguish you amongst many!
Have a great week!